Pages

Mr. Talented Black.Dave

The Talented Videographer, Photographer, and etc Black.Dave



Info of Black.Dave: 
blackdave.org 
IG: black.dave
Twitter: blackdave
Vimeo.com/blackdave
Soundcloud.com/black_dave
thefirstandtheforemost.com


Explain what you do? 

I like to say I do nothing and I do everything. I take pictures and shoot videos. I make clothes and music. I decided last year that I’m a rapper, so I do that now. I recently got executive production credits on my friend’s mixtape, that was cool, too. I’m adding that to my list of skills.



Is there anybody that recognized your work that felt very special? 

Nothing special so far. It’s cool just to be acknowledged from friends or to have someone say you inspire them. I’ve shot a couple of lookbooks for my friend’s fashion brands, that’s cool. There’s a crew out of NYC called wearenotnatives who has been super dope. They do really crazy work with some of my favorite brands out of Europe. They did this shoot with Represent out of the UK where they put the clothes on these balloons. Shit is fire as fuck. Other than that, nothing major. I’ve gotten production credit for tracks on some blogs, and same with music videos I’ve shot/directed. It’s all moving at the same pace.



What is one thing you want to accomplish in any outlet you do? 

I just want to work with people and brands that I really respect who hopefully also respect my work. The biggest gratification for me is executing something dope with someone I think is dope.



What was your first camera and what made you tell yourself you should try and be a photographer/videographer? 

I still have my first camera, it’s a Nikon D5100. It shoots video and photos pretty well. I actually bought a camera to shoot stuff for my clothing brand after having a couple of shoots that I would have done a little differently. I started shooting to learn how to use my camera, and it blew up into something bigger so I took it and ran with it. It’s been great



Is there one brand you wish you can make a look book for? 

A brand I think I’d really like to shoot for something for is The Hundreds. Bobby always has the coolest ideas and I love the look and feel of the brand as a whole so it would be dope to do that. They’d really elevate me creatively and hopefully in terms of my skill set. I wouldn’t mind also shooting something for Stampd either. They’re one of my favorite brands and their aesthetic is clean as fuck. I really fuck with it and they shoot a lot with this photographer I like Adri Law who has a really cool style.



Explain your clothing brand for a moment 

So my brand at the time I started shooting was called(it’s still called) thecomeback!, exclamation point was part of the name. I ran it for about 4 years from 2010-2014 and now I just kind of use it to sometimes print stickers of some of my favorite anime characters or something like that. I’m calling it an “anime reference brand.” My current expedition is more of a project, it’s called First and Foremost, and I’m really trying to put the south on the map as far as streetwear and the culture itself is concerned. I’m working on opening an event space, a boutique, and creative agency that all will tie into the brand and the culture. I think that being really effective will start with really being a part of the culture, and I think that’s something a lot of brands in the south(and nationwide) fail to understand, so I really want to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment