Pages

PARIS/COUTURE

COUTURE

Designer & Artist Paris of COUTURE brings great things to Providence with his clothing line & art work. The clothing collection to be released for Spring 2015 will offer interesting ideas and visuals that make every piece aesthetically pleasing, unique, and bold. Paris has killer confidence and a strong passion unlike any other for his art and his work reflects that, with each piece carrying a significant piece of him. One can expect nothing short of fantastic designs and fantastic quality from this line, so we at Providence Hype interviewed Paris to find out what the future calls for COUTURE.

PH: What made you want to start a clothing line? What was your inspiration?
Paris: I've always been intrigued by fashion and its ascetics. It's always been dear to me. To me, clothing is art. So when I design and release pieces to the public, it's more than just clothes. It's my art. The blank pieces are my canvas and my designs are the paint. I get inspiration from many designers and artists from Virgil Abloh, Raf Simons, and Tisci to Andy Warhol and Damien Hirst. My greatest inspiration comes from me.



PH: What makes what your movement different than other people doing the same thing inn Rhode Island?
Paris: Honestly no one is doing what I'm doing in Providence. Creating clothes, yes, but not the way I do it. I'm very architectural with COUTURE. Everything goes hand in hand to build a strong foundation/brand. From the clothes to the visuals to the way I present it. Like I said, it's art to me.


PH: How would you describe your gallery shows? Can you give Providence Hype a preview of what's coming next from Paris?
Paris: My gallery shows are COUTURE showcasing what we do. COUTURE is just a collective of artists pushing out-of-the-box ideas. I'm just trying to push the culture forward and bring it to new heights with these shows and events. What's next is a show in the Spring, although this one is not going to be the same. I want to bring other aspiring artists along with my brand to give other artists a platform to showcase their art.


PH: Why is the number thirteen associated with your brand?
Paris: The thirteen was a very crucial and important year me and was the birth of COUTURE.


To keep up with the COUTURE movement visit the website at: http://www.cou-ture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment