Pages

Julian A. Harrell the rapper from George TowN, SC (Interview)



Tell me where you from and why you decided to take this route? 

              
Well I was born in Georgetown SC, but I started messing with rap when I was in high school in Northern Va. Then I moved back to Georgetown junior year and continued putting my little mixtape online and on cds around town. Over time I started to grow a presence from northern va back to Georgetown. Now I'm in college and I'm still getting pretty good responses. The thing is Im not doing to much out of the ordinary so now I'm decided to take it one more step further and start reaching out to blogs and other online presences to see if the public really likes the music I do. 


Ok cool, who influences your music? 

Well of course I hold classic old school rap in the highest regards. But as far as now I'm really into TDE's camp, MC_Blank, that grunge sound Nirvana make, Joey bad, brother Ali, earth wind and fire, Alex Wiley, the roots, really random things overall. Mile Davis, and sometimes that old r&b. I know it's kinda random but I pull inspiration from my environment. 

Which artist you would like to mentor you  

Someone like hopsin/tech nine. Because I feel like they have a good grip on the art of being independent 

So far who is the person that supports you that means the most?


Well I know my family and people who gravitate to my music but honestly it comes from myself when I'm in that weird creative space  because when I'm creating whatever I have to believe in it enough to present It in front of others if that makes sense. 


Last words you want to say? 

Yeah I'm about to launch my official website late February at www.abstractthatrapper.com and I'm also interning at an online radio station based out of the Charleston area called theFix.fm  and currently we're trying to do a lot of things to preserve the hip-hop culture as well as other local music in charleston and possibly take it to the next level. As well as my music I'm working on. 
\








No comments:

Post a Comment